On November 30, 2015, RLG International and its client, one of Russia’s largest integrated oil and gas companies, wrapped up a major refinery turnaround event with impressive results. This complex event included both maintenance and capital expansion work, with FCC, hydro-treater and two sulfur production units undergoing substantial overhaul. The turnaround was completed 6 days ahead of schedule with zero lost-time injuries, made possible through robust planning optimization with TMP™ (Theoretical Maximum Performance) risk- and opportunity-identification workshops and a rigorous Operating Rhythm™. Contractors, planners, engineers, materials and support groups were all closely integrated through planning, scheduling and execution, ensuring alignment, involvement and accountability.
- More than 1,200 contractors on site
- Over $10 million budget
- Zero lost time safety incidents
- 100% readiness for TAR
- 95% procurement supply before start date
- Turnaround completion 6 days ahead of schedule
- 241 Lessons learned collected in After Action Reviews