This pipeline project was experiencing disappointing results and downward trends in safety, quality, environment and progress. To help implement a performance program that was being rolled out across the project, a team of RLG performance coaches was brought in to engage with the construction site leadership teams.
- Addressed scheduling and resourcing conflicts by using RLG’s TMP™ (Theoretical Maximum Performance) process — reduced risk and optimized the plan
- Implemented daily crew talks to review yesterday’s performance, grade their work and identify opportunities to improve
- Weekly leadership business reviews established the game plan for the upcoming week
- Visible performance boards used and accepted for communication, collaboration and accountability
- Achieved improvement in all four metrics — safety, quality, environment and progress — leading to the program manager enlisting RLG’s help on his next project and the client using RLG elsewhere in their organization to undertake similar work