The objectives of this project were clearly defined by the client: improve both safety and drilling performance; increase front line involvement in planning, decision making and performance improvement activities; and leave sustainable tools and processes to maintain this momentum after RLG moved on.
- A team of back-to-back RLG performance experts were assigned to the rig for 10 months
- This team enhanced the rig’s Operating Rhythm™
- A set of key management tools and processes were implemented or improved using RLG’s PEML methodology (Plan, Execute, Measure, Learn)
- Improvements led to $6.7 million impact representing a 10:1 return on RLG’s fees
- Following this successful pilot, the RLG process was introduced to all of the client’s rigs on Alaska’s North Slope