“We are eroding the confidence of the board and our shareholders because we consistently fail to deliver on our turnaround promises.”
– Refinery Manager
RLG’s Turnaround Excellence™ integrated solution applied to your unique needs, helps turnaround teams, sites, and organizations move from unpredictable to good, and from good to great. RLG performance coaches support the major maintenance turnarounds of more than ten large industrial facilities per year and is a trusted partner to many of the world’s largest facility operators. Across industries, from mid-sized to mega-complex, we add value that results in multiple return on investment and repeat engagements.
Integrated solution to drive TURNAROUND success
RLG’s Turnaround Excellence™ provides a comprehensive approach to working alongside turnaround teams to achieve new levels of safety and productivity, with lower cost and duration, by addressing common issues like:
- Scope gaps and creep
- Sub-optimized schedules
- "One-team" alignment on turnaround
- Contractor accountability and productivity
- Overrun TAR durations
Operators want more predictable results, with improvements year-over-year through stronger embedded processes and higher internal capability. We work with your team to introduce and strengthen important elements, sharing our expertise developed in working with leading organizations around the world across many industries.
We focus on enhanced readiness, alignment, capability, plan and schedule optimization, and flawless execution. Working alongside turnaround teams, our Performance Improvement Experts help to increase confidence and predictability of execution by implementing systems and coaching behaviours to drive sustainable results. We connect the front line to the bottom line.
The Path to Step Change Results
- We begin by assessing readiness - both in the team and process, then in their progress and preparation. A turnaround process assessment looks high level across the turnaround organization pinpoint strengths and opportunities in processes, capability, communication, and overall practice discipline. We score this against ideal in ten categories, with observations and recommendations to boost performance and reduce risk in future events. This assessment is scalable, recognizing that large, mature facilities have different requirements than smaller, simpler sites.
Turnaround Readiness assessment looks at the progress and pace of planning along regular time intervals between 15- and 3- months before execution. This is often a mandatory step in turnaround stage-gate planning. Our clients find these assessments especially valuable to enable corrective action early enough to deliver strong performance in turnaround execution. These can be performed both remotely and in-person, or some hybrid that fits particular needs. Read more about readiness assessment in this article.
Schedule Quality Assessment involves our scheduling experts looking at the systems, capability and progress in building a high-quality turnaround schedule using the latest and best industry practices and powerful, graphical schedule quality analysis tools. Our experts in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project often mentor onsite schedulers to build internal capability, while also offering stronger systems of work breakdown structure, critical path ID and integrated master schedule.
- We improve alignment, communication, and accountability focused around an effective planning Operating Rhythm™. Within the turnaround team, contractors, and site staff, we involve all groups in the process, removing silos and creating “One Team” and “One Truth”.
- We build confidence and capability through instruction, feedback and coaching to enable more effective leadership and team behaviors.
- We help ensure plan and schedule optimization are achieved through our Scope Challenge, Schedule Quality Review, TMP™ and Front Line Planning (FLP™) tools. We know you want predictability and productivity during the turnaround and in its outcomes.
What Our Clients are Saying:
“RLG have provided us a game changer in the way we plan.”
– LNG PLANT SUPERINTENDENT
“Sure, we might have hit the schedule but you [RLG] being here brought the discipline we needed to definitely hit it."
– REFINERY MAINTENANCE MANAGER
“World class athletes leverage coaches to achieve world class performance, and that is why we brought in RLG.”
– PROJECTS AND TURNAROUND MANAGER
“These TMPs™ are getting us to think about how our unit comes down now, 10+ months before the turnaround, so this is a good thing that sets us up for success.”
– TURNAROUND OPERATIONS LEAD
“This team has set a new standard for delivery of major projects and TARs, achieving a record-breaking duration.”
– REFINERY TURNAROUND MANAGER