This mining client operates a continuous ore processing mill and takes scheduled outage days to complete equipment maintenance. The results were unpredictable and were costing valuable production. They worked with RLG to develop a systematic, continuous improvement process to enable the right work being done, safely, within the scheduled time and allotted budget.
- A performance index was created to focus attention on the critical success factors
- Safety, work productivity, cost and mill production were all part of the enacted solution
- All aspects of the outage days were reconsidered and redesigned as necessary
- Each outage had a rhythm of plan, execute, measure and learn, with high engagement
- Close collaboration between Operations and Maintenance teams
- More than $2 million in additional production was realized over baseline, with ramp-up often being ahead of schedule