From that successful project, nominated for RLG’s prestigious Best of the Best award, RLG joined forces with Asseraderos Mininco, part of CMPC, the largest forestry company in Latin America. Our fruitful partnership with CMPC had begun and sawmill, remanufacturing, and forest products projects followed.
Our work in the early years included some unusual focal points, in addition to the Operating Rhythm™ and Project Excellence™ that we deliver today:
- Working and coaching the board managing the sale of Trouw Chile from BP Nutrition to Nutreco
- Creating and executing a profitability and margin recovery plan to save CMPC’s Remanufacturing Plant from closing due to macroeconomic pressures
- The first crew talks in the forest with logging crews, transforming safety and performance
Today, Brazil is our South American base in one of the largest emerging economies in the world, and notably, a new frontier for offshore deep water exploration and drilling. RLG has been working in Brazil’s oil and gas industry since 2010, helping oil and gas companies to improve performance results.
We started in offshore drilling efficiency and safety but have since grown this early success to include work with Petrobras and their Foreign- and Brazilian-owned partners in drilling and support. Project areas include:
- Downtime elimination in blow out preventer maintenance
- Capital project retrofit of offshore drilling equipment
- Drilling efficiency, safety and KPI attainment
We appreciate the value of including locals amongst our team and we presently have a lineup of local Brazilians and others who rotate into projects from around the world.
We have been partnering with South American businesses for more than 21 years and we are excited about our future there.