With oil prices at four-year lows, and development and operational costs escalating, this Norwegian sector oil and gas operator asked RLG to help make its Well Operations cost reduction initiative a success. With aggressive targets, RLG performance experts knew they needed to coach accountability and ownership at all levels.
- RLG and the Well Ops manager co-created a project implementation plan and kicked on an acceleration of the project in June
- Ideas were collected from both on- and offshore staff in facilitated workshops
- Service companies were engaged as partners in the project and provided crucial input and ideas for cost savings
- Initiatives were collected, targeted and tracked in 4 categories, with a one-page summary showing key initiatives, target and progress
- Target was achieved and the project extended to capture additional gains, with emphasis on uptime and efficiency between the onshore and offshore installations