Oil field Operations and Maintenance (O&M) are often a team with blurred lines. This client had an O&M team which reacted to what was happening in the moment and struggled with unplanned work, permit delays and incomplete designs, tools, materials and manpower to get the job done in a timely and efficient manner. They focused on Operations and lacked a systematic maintenance approach. In partnership with RLG, they got this sorted out.
- A team of 50 was organized around a project to overhaul their work process
- New systems were developed for work planning and scheduling
- Cascading KPIs were developed to create visibility by crew, asset area and overall
- The efficiency gains amounted to $14 million year-over-year
- Over 18 months, the O&M transformed into a well-rounded team with a balanced approach
“In the past, the crew would show up at a job and make do with the tools they had. Now that they plan before they go, they are never without the proper tools for the job.”