This Russian drilling contractor, with 52 rigs, sought to improve drilling times by 20%, while improving the quality of planning, as defined as variance to the drilling plan. Due to the size of the fleet, two rigs were chosen for the pilot project, and with good success, expanded to many more.
- Drilling program optimization introduced standard processes for planning and execution of plans
- Training of supervisors and chief specialists ensured understanding and consistent use of best practices
- RLG’s PEML (Plan, Execute, Measure, Learn), TMP™ (Theoretical Maximum Performance), Operating Rhythm™ and leadership coaching were extensively used
- Overall time savings from baseline amounted to 900 days with a value of $24 million
- 17 of 52 rigs were in the program and achieved 22% improvement versus 14% in non-program rigs