In a joint initiative between the airline union and management, this airplane overhaul facility partnered with RLG in many shops to support their “Working Together” process. Designed to improve leadership and realize a collaborative performance improvement culture, the doors and structures shops (historically poor performers) were targeted for the pilot project.
- Built a structure for effective communication through the use of meaningful metrics
- RLG’s Operating Rhythm™ proved to be a perfect way to bring together focus, accountability, involvement and appropriate response
- Leadership coaching helped reinforce the need for appropriate expectation setting and response to performance
- Strong support by both union and management as they saw they witnessed gains from the process
- This success built trust and paved the way for 16 more improvement projects across the base