This 300,000+ bbl/day refinery was struggling in turnarounds on their coker and crude units. Benchmarked by Solomon as 4th quartile, they were eager to improve results in their upcoming turnarounds and enlisted RLG for the 12 months before and during the event to work closely with their turnaround team.
- Created consistency in the process and documents to align the entire team
- Increased employee involvement and two-way communication with RLG’s Operating Rhythm™
- Optimized the schedule using RLG’s TMP™ (Theoretical Maximum Performance) process
- Heightened awareness and use of software systems, KPIs and front-end loading planning progress
- Enacted a daily look-ahead during execution to enable communication and align teams