RLG is a global performance consulting company of about 225 employees with our corporate head office in the Greater Vancouver area. We partner with leading and recognizable companies for an immediate, lasting impact on financial performance and corporate culture, through front-line engagement. We might be small, but we currently work in 13 countries, in offices, on plant sites and in industrial facilities. We are celebrating 36 years in 2019, and we have been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for six consecutive years.
For this junior to mid-level position, we are looking for someone in Vancouver with experience in the processes and systems for client site authorization and qualification, background checks, medicals, training records, drug and alcohol tests, company safety statistics, employee relocations and data entry into online systems (HRIS – Human Resources Information System, such as BambooHR). While training will be provided, previous experience will be an asset.
The Work Environment:
RLG’s corporate head office is a professional work environment of roughly 35 people. We are located near the SkyTrain line at Metrotown in Burnaby. We work five days per week, with typical office hours of 8:30 am through 5:00 pm, with flexibility to shift hours to fit personal needs. As an international company with colleagues and needs around the world, you will occasionally need to accommodate late or early calls.
As client site access requirements can occur both last minute and with ample lead-time, the ideal candidate will have an organized but flexible mindset, ability to go with the flow, working both independently and within a team, always seeking to improve our processes and systems to best satisfy our employee and client experience.
Essential Job Duties:
Health and Safety for site access (75%)
- Coordinate drug and alcohol testing for field staff in various locations in the US, Canada and other regions where we work
- Drug and alcohol testing and coordination on vendor qualification systems such as ISNetworld, Avetta, Application Verification, DISA, International Safety Training Council (ISTC), Wyoming Montana Safety Council (WMSC), Houston Areas Safety Council (HASC), National Compliance System (NCMS)
- Arranging offshore training & medical bookings with field staff
- Ensure working hours are up-to-date for quarterly OSHA reporting
- Ensuring records are up-to-date with injury and accident reporting
- Quarterly company communication on health and safety statistics and lessons learned across our global business
- Knowledge in Employment Standards Act, Worker’s Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations an asset
- Updates and suggestions to improve RLG’s Health and Safety manual
- Coordinating moves from inquiry through closing with employees, treating each as an opportunity for exceptional move management and delighting our relocating employees
- Initiating services of third-party vendors, obtaining and comparing quotations, then coordinating with selected vendors as each move is underway
- Maintaining communication throughout the move process with the employee, their spouse or partner as applicable, their supervisor, various vendors and RLG’s accounting department
- Keeping record of contracts and costs for employee goods in-storage
- Ensuring moves are always within company policies and guidelines
- Demonstrating a proactive approach to potential problems, acting to resolve them quickly
- Are in the greater Vancouver area
- Are a people-person who is comfortable interacting on the phone, in person and virtually by Skype or email
- Are confident and articulate, ability to influence, consult with, and present ideas throughout all organizational levels
- Have a can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurized situation
- Have impeccable accuracy and attention to detail
- Have comfort using computer systems, including PC and MS Office programs, plus new systems like BambooHR and other HRIS
- Have excellent communications skills, including ability to treat all employees with tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
- Have flexibility to take occasional calls in off-hours as needed by the nature of our international business
- Have a passion for working with and learning from individuals from various countries and cultures
Selection criteria will include:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience and demonstrated success in mobility at a company with a global workforce and both domestic (Canada/US) and international personnel moves, plus
- Previous administrative experience, ideally in the areas of responsibility for this role
- Experience using online vendor qualification systems, such as those listed above
- Coursework and certification in subject areas specifically related to health and safety
- Ability to research, interpret and analyze material from a range of different sources.
- Ability to balance multiple cases underway simultaneously, all at different stages of completion
- Ability to organize and improve administrative systems
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and manage through to completion multiple deliverables simultaneously and with minimal guidance.
RLG Perks and Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and skills. RLG is a generous employer and provides an excellent healthcare benefit package, employee assistance program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, an RRSP pension match program, eligibility to participate in employee share purchase plan, training and professional development support, transit subsidy, on-site gym membership, stocked kitchen, and opportunity for a performance-based bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
- health and safety: 2 years (Preferred)
Applicants must have work authorization to work in Canada. Please submit your resume in English, quoting file #02/2019Health&Safety via email to YnVzZGV2QHJsZ2ludGVybmF0aW9uYWwuY29t.